Thursday, May 14, 2009

Reading List

May 9, 2009

Crashing Through by Robert Kurson

Just read the line under the title. That is what it is about. I thought it didn't sound too good when I started. But let me tell you I really enjoyed this one. It made me really think about how blessed I am with my sight and hearing and all of my senses. I also came away thinking about all of the things we take for granted in our life. This is a story of courage on many fronts, first about how he lived a full life while blind, and then about how he learned how to live again when he could see. Just for a taste, when he received his sight - of course he couldn't read - he didn't even know what the letters were, except by the shapes he felt on his children's blocks. It was life changing for him. It was a significant book for me.

I give it a 3.5 - which is better than pretty good on the Lar scale of things.

Nope - not on the 501 Must Read list.

Reading List 2009

5/11 - Crashing Through - Robert Kurson
5/5 - A Train to Potevka - Mike Ramsdell
4/27 - King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4/21 - Best Loved Humor of the LDS People
4/6 - Eaters of the Dead - Michael Crichton
4/4 - Mexico - James A Michener
3/6 - The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton
2/16 - The Wonderful Wizard of OZ - L. Frank Baum
2/11 - The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch
2/9 - Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie
2/1 - Next - Michael Crichton

2 comments:

B and B said...

why is the cover of a book about a blind person someone riding a bike? That sounds dangerous...

Life Travels with the Parental Units said...

Yea - but as a blind person he road a bike - and set the downhill blind skiing speed record - 65 MPH. He was a pretty cool person before he could see.