Friday, May 8, 2009

Reading List

May 4, 2009

A Train to Potevka by Mike Ramsdell

Mar brought this one home from Book Club - not as their book club selection, just a book that was suggested. I read it. Let me give this impression. The first three-quarters of the book were not too bad. The last quarter was drawn out sentimentality. I hate to say it, but it turned into what I dislike about "LDS literature". Maybe all things did turn out nice, but it just got too gooey at the end. It didn't help that I had heard the story before.

Oh well, I'll give it a 2.5 becasue the first part was pretty well done.

Nope - not on the 501 Must Read list.

Reading List 2009

5/5 - A Train to Potevka - Mike Ramsdell

4/27 - King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard

4/21 - Best Loved Humor of the LDS People

4/6 - Eaters of the Dead - Michael Crichton

4/4 - Mexico - James A Michener

3/6 - The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton

2/16 - The Wonderful Wizard of OZ - L. Frank Baum

2/11 - The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch

2/9 - Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie

2/1 - Next - Michael Crichton

1 comment:

B and B said...

How could a spy book turn out gooey?