Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Travels with Lar

February 7-13, 2010
Santa Ana, California

This was a business trip. I flew out on Sunday evening. It had been trying to snow all day, but the roads were clear and the trip to the airport was pretty easy. In fact, the trip to Santa Ana was pretty easy, too. We did have to stop and get de-iced in Denver, but otherwise it was totally uneventful. I stayed at a Holiday Inn just 1.2 miles from the site. It was a nice motel. And I got a GOOD car. It was a 2010 Mustang with less than 2000 miles. Can you say sweet.
(This is the right car, but not the right color - mine was golden-gray.)

This class was at a customer site – Powerwave. It was not far from the Orange County airport.

The class went okay – after it got started. I got there and they had setup one way but then didn’t tell anyone, so it appeared to all of us in the class that there was no software, so I loaded it on 10 systems while I lectured. It was not a pretty start to the class, but after that if went better. The class was a custom DxDesigner schematic capture class and a CES constraint entry class.

On Tuesday night I went to the temple in Newport Beach. This is the first time I have been to this temple. It is beautiful on both the outside and the inside. It is a smaller temple, but as always, the Church got an outstanding site and built a wonderful edifice on it. I enjoyed the evening very much.

On Thursday and Friday I got to go visit Andrea and Ben and the kids. They were nice visits. Alas, the two younger ones, Spencer and Emma, prevailed in their pleas and talked Grandpa into taking them to Chuck-e-Cheese on Friday night. It was a "joyous experience".

Spencer Art

And then, of course there was the flight home. Uneventful - do the laundry and get ready to go again - so there are more travels to follow.

No comments: