Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reading List

February 13, 2010


The Secrets of Masonic Washington by James Wasserman


After I read The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, my co-worker Grant brought me this book. He is a Mason and a friend had presented this book to him with the instruction that he had to read it before he read The Lost Symbol. So Grant gave it to me to help enlighten me on some of the locations in Dan Brown’s book.

It starts out giving a basic understanding of the history and principals that are practiced by the masons. It discusses how they are intertwined with the early history of our country. I then turns into a tour guide book of building an art around downtown Washington DC and the Capitol Mall. It was informative and pleasant to read.

By the was, the author is not a Mason. And there are not a lot of "secrets" to reveal.

No – it is not a book club selection. No it is not on the 501 list. And no I would not necessarily recommend it to someone that they have to read it – even if you do read The Lost Symbol.


No comments: