Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bathroom remodel - set back - again!

August 25, 2009

We are remodeling our bathroom. It has gone okay - with some minor setbacks. For instance, we ordered a small granite counter top for the little vanity we have. It took a week to get here, and then when it did get here we were at Melanie's, so really it took 2 weeks. Mar went to the store and had them load it in the van for her and then she brought it home. That evening, I got it out and opened it. Yikes - the back splash was broken right in half. Well that just wouldn't do, so I put the lid back on the box and took it back. The store wasn't too happy. They ordered me another one. I was very understanding and nice, but it was hard because it was very evident that the guy thought I had dropped it. I just let it pass.

So the replacement came in while I was on a trip. Mar went to get it. I told her I wanted them to open it and check it before we took it. She said the lady was a little bit condescending about that until they did open it and the counter top was broken in two - double-yikes!! Boy that got some apologies going real quick. So they re-ordered it again - another week in waiting.

I can tell you, when the next one comes in, we will certainly open it in the store - just to make sure.

1 comment:

B and B said...

this sounds like a nail in the icecream story... they need to start shipping them in pillows!