Saturday, March 6, 2010

Travels with Lar

February 21-20-7, 2010
Santa Ana, California
It was just a couple of weeks ago that I was in Santa Ana. Well, I went back to teach at the same company. This time it was only two people. That would have been hard to take - except for two things.
First, I could go to the temple. Wrong - the temple in Newport Beach was closed for maintenance this week.
Second, I could go see Andrea and the kids. I got to do that twice. On Wednesday I went up and talked to them and all of the older guys went to get In-n-Out burgers and took them home for dinner. That was fun. (And in case you haven't heard - Andrea has two tales to tell. There is the sage of Ben leaving for another deployment. You have probably heard it on Facebook. Second is the saga of the grenade. That deserves a full blog writeup.) I also went to see them on Friday. The older boys - Ben, Michael and Jasen had a camp out - which Michael didn't go to because he wasn't feeling well. The plan was that I would take Andrea, Emma and Spencer out for dinner - which I did - to IHOP. Then we went to WalMart for a shopping spree. It was a fun evening. (Alas, on Saturday morning when I woke to go to the airport it was raining torrents. I felt so sorry for Ben and Jasen.)

The flight home was uneventful.

And so ends another exciting trip - five trips alread this year and only through February.

No comments: