Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Reading List

March 16, 2010

Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors

This was not my favorite book, no not by a long shot. I can not recommend it. In the first place there is just too much sex and violence. But even more so I saw it as unrealistic and shallow. Too much repetition of the same things. To much behavior that would be uncharacteristic of the people he was writing about. The heroine would have been killed many times over if the society was really as he portrayed it. There were good parts, but I just got the feeling that he was trying to write a TV mini-series – an R Rated Tv Mini-series. One that would appeal to a modern audience.

Sorry. It just was not a compelling read.

However, It does incite and invite me to find out more about the Taj Mahal. So . . .
Not on the 501. Not really a Book Club book – but mentioned by a Book Club member. I just picked it up at Borders cause I needed something to read on a trip.


1 comment:

B and B said...

So why did you read it? A mention from a BC reader? You know you have only read 2 of the 500 this year so far....? You better get on that....