Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Reading List



May 3, 2011


The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle



A classic and easy to read. I thought I had read it before, but I hadn't – or at least there were a lot of parts that I didn't remember.

As a comment to the way Hollywood has handled the Holmes/Watson characters – I think Watson always got short changed. In The Hound of the Baskervilles, he is portrayed as an active and physical man, not the portly, bumbling gentleman who is so often before our eyes on the silver screen. I think the latest portrayal of him might just be more of what Sir Doyle had in mind. Oh, it is just my editorial opinion.

This is a good story. Read it. You can most assuredly do it quickly , my dear Watson, because it is pretty short.

This is on the list of 501 Must Read Books. Yes I could recommend it for a book club.



No comments: