Friday, May 28, 2010

Travels with Lar

May 12-14, 2010

Hood River, Oregon



I am beginning to sound like a broken record - sheesh - don't I go anywhere else but Hood River.

This was a special case trip. They just wanted a one day review class, and since I knew every one in the class, and since I really knew what they wanted, I went. And the Company, Insitu, had moved across the Columbia River from Bingen, WA and now had their site in Hood River, so I didn't need to cross "the bridge". I believe this is the last official business trip I will take to Hood River/Bingen. I have taught all the people all that I know.

It really was an easy trip. Fly out on Wednesday afternoon and drive up the gorge to Hood River. Teach on Thursday and then drive down the gorge to Portland. Wake up on Friday morning and take a little bit later flight back home (the last time I took a flight that left Portland at 5:00 AM). There was nothing meaningful about this trip - except -

Grant was also in Portland teaching this week, and of course our company's home office is just south of Portland, so when I drove back to Portland on Thursday night after the class, I met Grant and two of the others from the team, Tracy and Lisa, for dinner. It was nice. Actually, for a while Tracy and Lisa thought I drove the 60 miles down the gorge just to have dinner with them. They thought that was so nice. I should have let them think that they were that important. Instead, I told them I was coming to Portland for the night at an airport motel anyway. Boy, they now think that I think they are not that important. I would have driven down just to see them - but - oh well, now I am in the dog house and I will probably have to go to weird places like Chicago and Minneapolis and Kansas (three times in a row) - yep, that is my upcoming schedule.

No comments: