Friday, May 28, 2010

Running

May 15, 2010

The Run for Life and Breath

Look back about a year ago and you will see a similar post. This is the second year "our family" has done this run. It is a 5K run around the University of Colorado medical complex in Denver. It is a nice course because it is a "wrap around course - meaning you run half way, then run the same course back, so you get to see everyone going the other way. And this year they had timing chips, which made it seem so official.

My goal was to do it in under 28 minutes. I started out too fast, which is a tendency for me when I am running against others, so I was spent by the end. Still, I did it in 27:53 officially meaning I made my goal. Still that is 30 seconds slower that last year. I ended up 3rd in the over 50 age range - and 94th over all. And when it was done I went back and ran with other family members.

Mat and Andrew were next to come in. They shaved some significant time off of their last year time. Next was Rich. Then Andi and Mylie and Wyatt (in a stroller) came in. Erica also ran with both Alice and Evelyn in a stroller. I went and ran in with them, and as we came close to the finish line, I took Alice out of the stroller and let her run in. She had a lot of people rooting for her as she crossed. She liked it so much she went and did it again.

It was a nice morning exercise. Too bad that Mar couldn't do it this year (she was in Utah), or Ben (he was on a scout camp out), or Breanne (she had to work).

No comments: