Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Travels with Mar and Lar - San Diego

March 15, 2009

An adventure begins.

My company is sending me to San Diego to teach a class. All year we have been waiting for a venue where it would be exciting for mar to go on a trip with me. This one is it. San Diego in March has to be wonderful, and where I am going to be is only 35 miles from Andrea. So we booked a mileage flight and she is going with me.

We left Denver in the early afternoon and got to San Diego about 4:30. We got our rental car and headed North. We are stying in San Diego but just over the freeway from Del Mar. I got a nice motel just 1/2 mile from our office. Our car has a Neverlost GPS. This may seem like a luxury but it makes it so Mar can drive around and see what she wants to see and can always get back home. We found it to be a real plus - a giver of freedom.

Sunday evening was easy. We went and found some dinner and then settled in. It was just a great feeling to know we were in San Diego, I was on a business trip and Mar was with me and relaxing.

1 comment:

erica said...

dad you are such a romantic. i'm glad you got to play with your honey.