Monday, February 16, 2009

Travels - Lar in Minneapolis

February 9-14, 2009
When the cold wind blows and the blizzard beats against the landscape like a devil out to flay the world, that is when my company sends people to Minneapolis - except, it may be February, but it wasn't too bad. No snow this trip. In fact it rained. It was overcast almost the whole week, even though the forecast called for a couple of days of sunshine. Maybe sunshine in the winter in Minneapolis only happens on top of the clouds.

It was a successful trip. I taught a class Tuesday through Thursday at our office in Edina for eight people and then on Friday I went to their company site and did mentoring for some of their problems. I think it went well, and they said it did. On Friday they took me to lunch and taught
me the fine art of darts for fun and ridicule. I played the second game and came in second.

Otherwise, there was not a lot there that happened. I did get to go to the St. Paul temple on Thursday night.

Saturday, I flew home to Longmont, and it was actually colder there that day than in Minneapolis. Go figure.

1 comment:

D said...

You should come to DC, it is warming up here. I wanted to tell you that I like your book reviews and I actually went and checked out and finished "Fairest" It was a fun quick read, tell Mar thanks for the suggestion. Right now we are reading James and the Giant Peach with Tre, but maybe we could do Peter Pan next. What do you think?