Monday, February 16, 2009

Reading List - Part three

February 11, 2009

Sheesh - it seems that all I must be doing is reading - well, no - I have just started traveling again.

Today I finished The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Mar read it earlier and said I should read it. She was right. It is easy to read and it does explore some good views of the human experience. In essence, Carnegie Mellon University has a lecture series where they ask their professors to give a Last Lecture - what would they tell people if it was their last chance to tell people. The interesting part of this one was that Randy Pausch had been diagnosed with terminal cancer, so it was really true. I would recommend it to anyone. Enjoy it and then think, what would I tell people if I had to give a last lecture.
This year's Reading list.
2/11 - The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch
2/9 - Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie
2/1 - Next - Michael Crichton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have another book for your list.
It's a companion piece to Peter Pan, a new story based on J.M. Barrie's idea for more adventure!

http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/

An article on it:
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Peter-Pans-NeverWorld-Picks-Up/story.aspx?guid=%7B575A5B1F-CF9E-45C4-9339-FBD24F6AEEA3%7D