Friday, February 24, 2012

Travels with Lar


Tempe, Arizona

January 29 – February 3, 2012

This was a work trip to teach our custom class at Intel. I was going to have such a good week. I planned on going to see Ed (which I did). I planned on going to the temple (which I did). I planned on getting into a good exercise routine (because it was warm). I didn't do that. Instead, I got sick – I mean really sick. After work on Thursday, I went and got a very light dinner because I really didn't feel like eating at all, and then I went to bed. Thursday was the bad day, but the rest of the days weren't that great.

But I did go to see Ed and Sandy. We went to dinner at P F Changs with Jonathan and Michelle. That was a totally enjoyable evening.

I did get to go to the temple. That was also a totally enjoyable evening.


The trip home was potentially stressful. On Friday there was a raging storm in Denver. And it was a big storm. At our home we got 14 inches of snow. I was sure – absolutely sure that travel that evening would be hindered or stopped. I checked flight status all day long. Each time it said the flight was on time. Just before I left work I checked again and again it sid on time. I got to the airport and they personally told me it was on time. So I checked my luggage and waited for the worst to happen. But it was – on time. We left at the exact time (and I got a first class seat) – and arrived in Denver 10 minutes early. I was impressed with United Airlines. I was really impressed with Denver International Airport. I was thankful that they worked hard and got me back to Colorado in the face of a storm that would have closed most airports in America.
Now the drive home was a little bit tense – but I made it.

No comments: