Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Movie Review

Ocean’s 11
January 23, 2012

Ocean’s 12
January 25, 2012

Ocean’s 13
January 27, 2012

We inherited a boxed set of the three Ocean’s movies.  I had never seen any of them.  And so, on my recent trip to Dallas, I took them all and watched them.

I have to be careful of this report – because there are people who think they were great.  I thought them to be average.  Okay entertainment.  But . . .

I have a hard time when the process banters around values like 12 million, 8 million, 96 million, 36 million.  Those numbers are just not realistic than someone can just throw around.

In Ocean’s 13, they install a GIANT drill in the underground “sewer pipes” beneath Las Vegas.  Did I say GIANT.  I mean it was like an eight foot bit.  And it had tons of controls and electronics.  Evidently it was installed overnight and there was no explanation of how such an apparatus was to be installed without ANYONE knowing about it.  And then it broke, so they bought another one – from France – for 36 million – and again installed it – overnight.  Let me tell you, I will bet someone from FedEx knew about that overnight delivery.

Things always went pretty much according to plan.  Even when to the audience things seemed to go awry, in the end you found out that was the way it was supposed to work.  It happened in all three movies.

That is just a few  of my complaints.

And the biggest complaint is about one of the last lines in the last movies.  “Ocean, I’m going to get you for this.”  “Oh, come on, the people who you will hire to get me like me better than they like you.”  And he walks away very nonchalant and the whole group go to the Bellagio to watch the fountains.  Let me tell you there is ALWAYS someone who a rich gangster can hire to “get you” and standing in public or even hiding in your locked bathroom is dangerous.

Sorry all of you Ocean lovers.  I enjoyed it, but there was just oo much that didn’t add up – and I must say this:

The first one was better than the second one.

And the second one was worse than the third one.

And I won’t tell you if the first one was better than the third one – until all is said and done – and then I will let you know.  Because that is the way these movies work.

PS – I liked the Mormon brother con artists from Utah the best.

2 comments:

Breanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breanne said...

You rated journey to the center of the earth, X-Files and Eragon higher than these movies? Realistic???