Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Little Miracles and Tender Mercies

December 18, 2011

I came home from church on Sunday.  Mar told me they just called from church to ask if I knew where any more deposit slips were.  I didn't, but I went right back to look.  After checking everywhere, I decided to look everywhere again and found them tucked back in the deep, dark recesses of a drawer.

Why a tender mercy:
       They tried to call me on my cell phone, but I had it turned off.  This was the reminder to me to turn it back on because . . .

We went on Sunday up to Mat and Andi's house for the December birthday party.  During that trip, the cell phone became a life line between Andrea and Mar as Spencer went in and was diagnosed and operated on for acute appendicitis.

Why a tender mercy:
      The week before, Ben was out of town.  If he had been gone, well this would have been so much more of a problem and disaster for Andrea.

When we got home from the party, there was about 1 1/2 gallons of water on the kitchen floor.  The dishwasher had sprung a leak.

Why a tender mercy:
      The dishwasher was leaking a little bit before my last trip (for two weeks).  I wiggled some pipes and it stopped leaking.  And then it didn't leak again until after I got back.  If it had leaked that much while I was gone, well that would have been at least a $200.00 plumber call.  As it was, I turned off the water to the dishwasher and then fixed it the next day in one hour for $7.00.

So many times, the miracles and mercies in our lives are just a matter of our Heavenly Father watching out for us and then scheduling and arranging things so that they are not as shattering as they could be.

Let us be thankful for all of our blessings - and let us recognize those blessings when they come.

No comments: