Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reading List

April 4, 2009

Mexico by James A. Michener

I have always like Michener books. They are long but the history and research in them really enthrall me. I must say this one is not my favorite. I felt the character wasn't strong enough. It wasn't until half way through the book that I realized he was trying to use the story for the main character to come to grips with his life and what he wanted to do. I also got the feeling he was competing a little bit with Hemingway in this one - however that was probably just me. Still, I liked the book.

It is long. It is very Micheneress. Give it a 3 of 5.

And no, it is not in the 501 must read list.
Reading List 2009
4/4 - Mexico - James A Michener

3/6 - The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton

2/16 - The Wonderful Wizard of OZ - L. Frank Baum

2/11 - The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch

2/9 - Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie

2/1 - Next - Michael Crichton

1 comment:

B and B said...

Why are you reading books not on your list? Now you are going to have to read 503 books this year...

haha jk