Sunday, November 16, 2008

Santa Rosa - Return to Summer

November 10 - 15, 2008
Santa Rosa, California















I had another business trip. This time to Santa Rosa in Sonoma County north of San Fransisco. It was mid-November, but the weather was beautiful. By the end of the week the temperature was in the 80s. Now the hard part of that was - well in November, I go to work early in the morning and by the time I get off, the sun is down. I did like the trip. I had never been to Santa Rosa before and I was impressed. It is a nice city with a vibrant atmosphere. Of course I didn't see too much - but I tried to take some pictures.

I arrived on Monday. I flew into Oakland and then drove up. In order to not get lost, I ordered a car with NeverLost GPS. It was supposed to take me up across the Richmond Bridge into San Rafael, but I missed a turn and ended up on the Oakland Bay Bridge - no U turns there - so I went through San Fransisco instead and across the Golden Gate Bridge.


I got to Santa Rosa bu 3:00 and then, because I wasn't due for work until the next day, I drove over to Bodega Bay. That day it was overcast and chilly.




































I did find a running path along Santa Rosa Creek, which was right by my motel and used that to see some of the parks in the down town area.















I also walked around the downtown area in the evenings.





On Friday evening I drove back to Oakland and on Saturday, I flew home. Oh - the flight was a little bit late because "one of the engine turbines looked like it was rubbing on the housing and they needed to get that checked - yea - I think so. (Actually, this was a really good customer service experience - United Airlines did a great job. They kept us informed, they checked on connecting flights, they aided people to make those flights - I was surprised because sometimes United doesn't do that well.)

1 comment:

B and B said...

Wow papa, that is beautiful- I am jealous!