Monday, September 23, 2013

Movie List

September 18,2013

Star Trek: Into Darkness


I like Star Trek.  I like twists and turns.  I like SciFi and visual magic. 

This movie was okay - but maybe a little bit too much.  Too much happened in too little time over vast amounts of time and space.  My head just swam (maybe I am getting too old,)

I liked it. Would I buy it - no.

(Editor's note:  I am disturbed at the number of the body count that seemed to be there just for effect.  I think movies and TV and other media harden us to what it really means when someone dies.  There are people who morn.  There are people whose lives are changed forever.  But to media it is just a storyline.  In the context of this movie - on the Enterprise, if a person wears a red shirt - it means that person has  a good chance that he will die - just to move the story along.  And no one will care.)

( Another Editor's note:  Not that I think the previous note is a new issue - Indians and Germans and Japanese from earlier times have been replaced with robots and aliens and zombies - well maybe a zombie's mother wont cry if her dead son is dead again.  The point is we have nameless and faceless victims who just represent body count and special effect.)

No comments: