Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Reading List


Epic

By John Eldridge

March 25, 2012

This is a book that was lent to me by Grant Sanders, a work compatriot. It is a small religious tract about the atonement of Christ – and what I would call the Plan of Salvation. It is not LDS literature so it is the plan of salvation from a different point of view. I think it emphasizes what President Hinckley would say as he invited others to investigate the church. Bring what you have that is good and see what we can add to it."

John Eldridge understands a lot of the story of the plan and the atonement. And in some cases he is right in line with our church's doctrine. But there are some things that are a little bit off. Still, I enjoyed the book and the analogies that he uses to illustrate his point. I did feel that there were a couple of spots that were direct "jabs" at the church, but I am able to forgive that.

So do I recommend this book? Yes, as long you are aware that it is not all "true" and go in with an understanding heart. It is easy to read and it is not too long (one flight from Denver to Tucson).

No comments: