Thursday, October 7, 2010

Travels with Lar

Sept. 27 - Oct. 1, 2010
Livermore, CA
This was a business trip to teach a class.  The class was enjoyable and went well.

Livermore, is in the next valley East from the San Fransico Bay area.  It has two large government labs - Lawrence Livermore and Sandia Livermore (where I was teaching).  It is the last of the major cities going east - next comes the Central Valley.  It is an area that has vineyards.  Other than the vineyards and the labs - well those are Livermore's claim to fame.



One night I did travel in to the Oakland Temple, which turned out to be only a half hour drive.  There is such a beautiful view of the bay area from the temple in Oakland.  I did proxy work for a person from Japan - from 1320.  That is a record old date for me.


Thursday evening I drove back to San Jose for the night so that I could catch a 6:20 flight home.

It was a totally uneventful trip - just the way I like it.

2 comments:

Breanne said...

Proxy for a person from Japan? But if it was in English how did they understand?? haha jk

Life Travels with the Parental Units said...

In fact, the name was in Kanji on the slip - they did have to give me a translaion.