Sunday, October 3, 2010

Reading List



October 1, 2010
I Am Legend by Robert Matheson

Stephen King said that Robert Matheson was the author who was the greatest influence on him. I think that Stephen King, although very productive – and very occult and strange – just doesn't have the quality of Robert Matheson. I thought this was a very well written book.

I haven't seen the recent movie, so I did not have preconceived notions on the book, however I did know sort of what the book was about. I was impressed and pleased with the way he wrote and unfolded the story. It was psychologically scary, and, not knowing what the ending was provided a tension, especially when he met the young woman.

This book also contained some of Matheson's short stories. Again, they were really fun to read – well, most of them were. One or two were just disturbing.

 So my recommendation is to forget the movie if you have seen it, then read this book and enjoy.

3 comments:

The Parkers said...

I loved this book and too found the short stories disturbing...we have a group of friends that we rotate books and opinions and this one is a fav all around!

Breanne said...

NOW.. you have to see the movie. See how it rates!

B and B said...

Lar, can you please rate the books you have read going forward? I would love to hear your opinions on them. Thx - BJN