Sunday, January 17, 2010

Movie Review

Sherlock Holmes

January 16, 2001

I liked this movie for a number of reasons. I hoped I was going to like it, but I was afraid I wasn’t going to. But it just works. It is not perfect. It is just fun.

Sherlock Holmes is as analytical and as ornery as he should be. But Doctor Watson is portrayed as a very self assured and accomplished person in his own right, much different from past portrayals. Together they make an engaging team.

Of course the story is contrived, but it is just fun and well crafted.
I liked it. Mar liked it. Michael liked it. I think we all give it a 4 on a scale of 5. What – I hear the collective gasp of my reading audience. Lar gives it a 4?!! We must run and see it immediately – or call a physician for the critic. If you please, make that Physician Dr. Watson.

No comments: