Monday, December 21, 2009

Travels with Lar

Tempe

November 29 – December 5, 2009

This was a business trip – with nothing really exciting happening. It is hard traveling in the winter because when you are done with the class – well it is dark.

I spent a week teaching a class with 8 people, so it was a worthwhile trip. I did exercise a couple of evenings. Our company moved to a new building a short time ago, so I had a few issues on the first day of class finding the building and getting everything set up. But mostly it was a well presented and well received class.

One evening I went over to Mesa and saw Ed and Sandy and had dinner with them. That is a welcome break from the regular monotony of a class.

The last day of class I did get out about 40 minutes early, so I drove over to Papago Park, which is a desert oasis park in the rocks north of Tempe. It really is a nice place. I got to walk around for a little bit and watch the sun set over the Valley of the Sun.





No comments: