Sunday, December 20, 2009

Movie Reviews

Race to Witch Mountain

A While Ago


Mar and I rented the DVD – it had been out for a long time, but we needed something to do. Now, if are expecting perfect story line, perfect acting, perfect effects then this is not a movie for you. But it really is exactly what it says it is going to be. It was enjoyable in that sense. Therefore, even though the movie wasn’t great in an of itself, we would have to recommend it just for escape movieism.

We both give it about a 2.75


Wall-e

December 19, 2009

Okay, I am a real movie slacker. Yep, it has been out for two years and I had never seen it. Date - Dec, 19, 2009 – Michael and I sat down and watched it – while we were babysitting. Pixar did it very well again. They took what would be a simple little non-plot – “robots in love” – add a dash of – “we are ruining our world” – and it sounds like a terrible recipe. But they turned it into something truly enchanting. What more would you expect from Pixar. Mar didn’t see this one – she went shopping.

Lar – give it a 3.5



Knowing

A While Back


Mar and I rented the DVD – it has been out for a long time, but it was one we wanted to see. We had sort of mixed reviews on this one. I sort of liked it. Mar sort of liked it less. The ending was less than satisfactory and left you with a hopeless feeling. Some of the major lines of the plot were developed too little. The acting was okay, but not great.

I’ll give it a 2.75
Mar gives it a 2.5

New Moon

November 28, 2009

Mar and I were Christmas shopping a couple of weeks back and we decided, well, lets go see a movie. I ask what she wanted to see – and she instantly said “New Moon”. Yikes!!! I was trapped. Now, I will give you our impressions.

Mar – It was perfect for a crazed 14 year old girl – and not bad for others of the feminine persuasion.

Lar – I have to agree – with a couple of comments. First, if you can make it through the first half-hour, it really isn’t a bad movie. Second, the acting is pretty bad – especially a both of the main characters, but really Edward is only a minor character in this one. Third – what is she thinking – she chooses poorly, way poorly. Enough said – you have to watch it to find out what that means but I’m sure you will agree. I mean, if you have to choose between two monsters – well take the beefy one and not the scrawny one. Oh, now I have said too much. It was better than Twilight.

Mar – 3
Lar – (in fear of losing manhood points) – 2.75

No comments: