Sunday, January 25, 2009

Physical Fitness - Recognized

January 25, 2009 - Sunday


In our stake of the church, they have a program to help motivate people to go out and get exercise - to stay physically fit. It is not a big deal, and for a lot it is not very motivating. It was for me. I actually decided to do it and really keep track. Here is how it works. Your get 1 point for exercising. That can be a 1 1/2 mile walk or run. It can be working out. It can be biking for 1/2 hour. It can be swimming. It can be playing an aerobic sport. You have to keep track of your points. Then, if you get 200 points in a year, that is good for a bronze award, 300 gets you a silver award, and 400 for a gold medal and award. That means more than one point per day for gold - so running 3 miles is 2 points (and you can't get more than 3 points in one day.) I really kept track and it really did motivate me - and I made 427 points last year. Today they passed out the awards. There were five men who got gold - I was one of them.

5 comments:

B and B said...

YAY- 5 men in your ward or in the STAKE?? Were you the oldest man in the Stake with a Gold?? I am so proud!!!

The Mighty Yam said...

GOOD JOB!!!

erica said...

very impressive. very.

out numbered said...

That is so great! You are my inspiration! Tell Mar high for me. We sure miss you and are waiting for you to come and visit us here is DC. -Deanna

out numbered said...

not "high" I mean hi. :)