Friday, January 31, 2014

Reading List

January 20, 2014

Weird History 101

John Richard Stephens
Mar knows I am somewhat of a trivia junkie - and a history junkie.  I'm not compulsive.  I just like facts. She found this book at a used book store and had to get it for me.  She gave it to me for Christmas.  I have made a goal that I will read any book that I get for Christmas.  I have five on my reading list for this year.

Well this is what I thought of Weird History.  There were some really good stories in it.  I enjoyed it.  But Mr. Stephens was not an impartial reported.  He had some extreme and obvious biases and sometimes he was not giving history, he was preaching opinion.  And his biases had a tendency to rub me the wrong way because they were anti-American and anti religion.

Still, I likes the book, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a must read for anybody.


No comments: