Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Travels with Lar


Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

January 16 – 20, 2012

 This was a work trip. I really don't mind going to Ottawa. I think it is a beautiful place. But in the middle of January – really? It is just cold – still beautiful – but cold. And it is always dark – a long ways north so that in the winter the sun sets earlier and rises later. I didn't see much of Ottawa this trip. Besides, we had an ice storm one night and a snow storm another night – which meant driving around wasn't going to be a lot of fun. So my pictures of Ottawa come from postcards this time.  Oh, and you will notice these are spring time and summer postcards.


This one could have been a winter picture.  In the winter, this canal is a favorite ice skating area.  My class said I sould go down and ice skate on the canal.  I don't think so - there wouldn't be anyone there to take me to the hospital.


The class went well.

The motel was nice – and it was only 1 kilometer from the office so I walked all three days.

It was an okay trip.


No comments: