Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blog Issues


I have to admit, I have been horrible about keeping up with the blog. I feel like I get behind and then there is just too much to catch up on – so I don't do anything at all. And of course then I just get further behind.


So here is a quick update – and I may do some of these in more detail – but then again, maybe not.


Travels (since my last travel update).
April 29 – May 7 – Haifa, Israel (this is the one that really got me behind – it is important, but what can I do.)
May 15 – May 21 – Hillsboro, Oregon ( Mar went with me – we saw Jon and Erin, Terry and Hallie – and Anne came up and spent time with mar also – I had a cold.)

May 22 – May 28 – Folsom, California (only highlight – I went to the Sacramento Temple.)

May 31 – June 4 – Lawrenceville, Georgia (only highlight – I went to the Atlanta Temple.)

June 5 – June 11 – Redmond, Washington (only highlight – I went to the Seattle Temple.)

June 20 - June 25 - Fremont, California (only highlight - I went to the Oakland Temple.)





Books (since my last Book List update).
May 7, 2011 - The Man Who Would be King – Rudyard Kipling (liked it a lot)

June 2, 2011Howards End – E. M. Forester (author of A Passage to India which is one of my favorites – this one was good, but not as good.)

June 6, 2011The Thirty-Nine Steps – John Buchan (a romance – as in the nature of H. R. Haggard – barely possible and highly improbable – Mar and I saw it as a film adaptation on PBS. It was intriguing enough to make me pick up the book. I liked it – however different from the PBS story line.)

June 7, 2011The Gift of the Magi – O. Henry (just one of my favorite stories – so I read it again.)




Events (since my last Events update)
May 7, 2011 – Mar's graduation and Pinning from the Registered Nursing curriculum at Front Range Community College. (This is another stopper for my blog – it really deserves much more than this entry – much, much more.)
June 16 – 18, 2011 – Youth Conference at Red Feather Lakes. (Mar and I both went – a campout. I enjoyed it, mostly because I was with Mar.)
June 19, 2011 – Father's Day (Erica and family and Breanne and family came over, and I heard from everyone else – and we had the Elders over for dinner.)
June 21, 2011 – Mar and the dentist (enough said about that.)

Okay – let's call this caught up. I will try to do better in the future. Better might mean more of the same – but I think it will mean different kinds of posts. Breanne showed me a book she prepared of her posts, but I think mine would be less that exciting. So I will try to put in more history.

No comments: