Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Travels with Lar


November 7 – 12



Tempe, AZ

This trip was not technically for me to teach a class. I am learning a new class for a new technology – however, I still taught 2 days of the class. It is a long story as to why I taught. Suffice it to say that on those two days I had the technical knowledge to teach what they needed to know. Anyway, it was held in the Mentor Graphics – Tempe office – a nice office in close proximity to the airport.

I was there for five nights. The first night was after a Sunday flight in. It was an uneventful flight. I got there and just went to the motel and rested.

Monday night was for watching football – after spending a lot of time talking to the Mentor team that was responsible for the training. In reality, it was too late to do anything but watch football by the time we were done.

Tuesday night I went to the Mesa Temple for a session.


Wednesday Night was another long evening with the Mentor people, so I just sort of crashed in the evening.

Thursday I went to visit Ed and Sandy and really enjoyed watching the video of Sandy's production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. I am not just being kind when I say it was fantastic. Well, in fact it won first place in the fall competition, meaning they get to perform two more times in a couple of weeks. Jonathan was the lead and did an outstanding job. It was a fun evening (which I don't say on very many of my trips – evenings generally are not very fun).

And then on Friday evening I flew home. It was an uneventful trip and I actually slept through most of it. I am getting better at sleeping on planes.

It was a successful trip – and it has lead to another Tempe trip coming in a few weeks.



I took a few pictures, but there was nothing spectacular. I like the fact that the greenery – or should I say the botany of the area is so different and actually more diverse than at home.

No comments: